Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving at My Place

Trying not to have a repeat of Thanksgiving 2009 and Easter 2009, I pretty much kept my mouth closed at Thanksgiving this year in regards to religion. My relatives know my position and they've heard the Gospel from me before.

The Gospel, the Bible, and Jesus are my favorite things to talk about, so when my uncle started talking about my aunt being "church lady" by my uncle because of her involvement in her (Catholic) church, it was hard for me to bite my tongue, but I did.

It was mentioned that my aunt was still teaching CCD. If you read the two blog posts linked above (Thanksgiving 2009 and Easter 2009), you can find out what my aunt believes. Sitting here a few days later, I want to ask her if she is teaching what she believes or what the church believes. Either way, it is still heretical.

In defense of the Catholic Church, I have had it said to me in the past, "Everyone doesn't believe everything the Catholic Church teaches." Guess what? They aren't Catholic- just like I can't cherry pick in the Bible what I want to believe and be Christian. If you have read the posts above, you will see what I mean about my aunt's "doctrine."

One thing that I did notice is that through all this religion and church talk, not once did anyone bring up Jesus or what He did on the cross. Funny how "religion" does that. Your religion won't save you- only Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment