Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Conversation with Jeff - 3/31/10



Yesterday, I went to the intersection of Dover Center and Center Ridge in Westlake from 3:30 to 5:00. I remembered to stand in the shade this time to avoid the sunburn I got last week. The weather is absolutely beautiful this week (upper 60's and 70's) and there were a lot of middle school kids walking home. One asked me if I had any more of the money tracts, and I told him I did and gave him and his friends a tract. I handed out 11 tracts to students passing by.

Around 4:00, Jeff pulled up and told me he wanted to offer me encouragement for what I was doing. He wanted to show me his tattoo- along with a graphic, he had John 12:25 etched into his skin- just the reference, not the actual verse. John 12:25 is, "Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life."

I gave Jeff a tract and it turns out he already reads Ray Comfort's blog, but wasn't familiar with Hell's Best Kept Secret. He said he may have heard of it, but I encouraged him to listen to it. I made sure to share the parachute analogy with him and stress the importance of repentance, which he refreshingly already knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment