Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Conversation with Jason and John - 6/17/10

Last Thursday, I went to my spot in Lakewood- Sinagra Park in front of the City Center. I stood near the traffic light next to Chipotle. I was handing out tracts and Jason approached me. Jason told me he wanted to offer me encouragement and pray for me. Our conversation lasted for quite a while and Jason did end up praying for me.

Towards the end of our conversation, two young men approached us and one of them, John, asked about the cross. Shortly after getting into the law and John realizing his sinfulness, Jason took over. The two young men were involved in some activities that Jason had been involved in previously. I am glad Jason was there to take over the conversation I had started, because he was able to relate to these young men a way I could not. Jason ended up giving the one young man his number and invited him to an outreach.

I ended up seeing John again the following Monday and he recalled his conversation with Jason. I think I ended up giving John a gospel tract and told him it went over the things Jason had spoken to him about. Please be in prayer for John.

No comments:

Post a Comment