Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Conversation With Ron - 6/10/10

Thursday, I went out to Lakewood with my cross around 1:00. Shortly after I arrived, a woman asked me what the cross was about. She told me she was a very religious person and spoke of what her "god" would and would not do. She was very self righteous- only admitting to a white lie, never stealing anything, although she did admit to and did blaspheme in front of me. I told her she was guilty of idolatry at which point she told me our conversation wasn't going to go anywhere and she walked away.

Shortly thereafter, a man named Ron came up to me and started asking me questions about my beliefs. After a while, Ron admitted he was Catholic and wanted to prove to me that the Catholic Church was the ultimate authority here on earth. While he was talking to me, another man got into a verbal argument with Ron, which got very heated at some points- to the point of physical violence being threatened. The situation eventually diffused itself and I am thankful for that.

I went to leave at 3:30 and after putting my cross away and as I was about to shut the door to my car, Rob pulled up. I had met Rob exactly a week prior to this (see this post). Rob is a King James Only Bible believer. Rob asked if I was leaving already and if I wanted to go pass out some tracts with him. We started talking and he asked me if I wanted to go get a coffee and talk. I ended up agreeing and we went to a local fast food restaurant, got something to drink and began to talk.

Rob spent about an hour trying to convince me the King James Bible is the infallible Word of God and other translations do not honor God. Specifically, he has been going after the ESV, which I very much like. I had already told myself I wasn't going to get involved in discussions like this, but yet again, I did.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mark, I am also involved in the Living Waters ministry and how they witness to others. I am saved and the interesting thing is that I noticed you were also from Ohio...I'm from the Akron area. Great to see another person from Ohio witnessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Do you have an email address I can reach you at?

    ReplyDelete