Monday, November 30, 2009

A Conversation With Debbie and Richard - 11/28/09



Saturday, I went to the intersection of Great Northern and Brookpark in North Olmsted. I was there from 12:55 to 2:00 and while I was there, two people stopped by to talk to me. The first person was pulling out of a parking lot and looked at my sign and responded that she was ready. She came back by and inquired about my cross and the motivation I had for doing this.

Her name was Debbie and I told her about Tony Miano's cross in California and a little about Living Waters and Way of the Master. She told me she was sitting at the auto repair shop behind me for 2 hours and the Lord really used the time to get her attention. She told me she was having problems praying effectively.

She said the Lord was showing her that she wasn't really putting Him first in her life. I think that is something we can all admit to. I told Debbie I try to follow Matthew 6:33 ("Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you"), but we all still come up short.

We also got in a short discussion about holiness and being completely rid of sin in our lives. I agreed with her that we could be holy, but I disagree that we can be completely without sin. She told me to ask God about it and He will show me the truth, but I have God's Word which says in 1 John 1:8, "
If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

A man named Richard had slowed down as he was turning and gave me a piece of paper that directed me to go to a website and watch two videos. He drove by again and stopped and came to talk to me. He told me the website was for a book he was reading about the love of God. I do not want to state the book here and endorse it because I have not read it yet, but I did look at most of the two videos and the theology was clearly sound in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment