Monday, November 2, 2009

Sinagra Park in Lakewood - 11/02/09



Today I went to Sinagra Park in Lakewood, at the intersection of Cook and Detroit Road. I showed up around 11:20 and stayed until 1:20. Someone in the crosswalk across from me stopped to take my picture- hopefully they will find this blog or at least look up Mark 1:15.

A man walked by and mentioned he was a Christian and told me I was doing good with my sign. When he walked by again, I gave him a tract and we started talking about a few things. He told me he was having trouble in his marriage and could possibly be getting a divorce. He mentioned his struggles with sin and how he would like to be out on the streets, also, but at times he feels like a hypocrite. I told him God wants us to take the first step in repentance.

He also told me he has been reading the Word, but it has been just a story to Him. I told Him about my experiences when I started first reading the Word- Luke 13:3 and the necessity of repentance, John 3:3 about being born again, Matthew 5:21-22 about hate being murder in the heart, and Matthew 5:27-28 about how God views lust as adultery in the heart.

He also asked me what my views on marijuana. I told him Romans (Romans 13:1 to be exact) says to submit to authorities, and our government has said not to use it. He said he knew this, but this wasn't a manufactured drug like crack, but that it grew naturally. I said that poison ivy grows naturally, but we do good to stay away from that, too.

He left with a few tracts and my prayers will be with him.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Mark Terlecky,

    Thanks for visiting my city. We need the gospel here. Lakewood disregards God's word too much. Lakewoodites need to apply the scriptures to things that pertain to this life. See Deuteronomy 28.

    Edward McCartney
    Lakewood, Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that not only Lakewood, but the entire world disregards God's Word. A youth walked by me today (11/9- just a block or so away from this spot) on the street and asked me, "Ready for what?"

    I responded, "Scripture says, 'It is appointed for a man once to die, and then comes judgment.' Are you ready to by judged by God?"

    All I got back was, "Oh..." and he kept walking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it is rude of you to come to my city. you can feel free to believe in god but i do not want my children exposed to it. i can keep the t.v. off if they are saying things i do not like but i can't turn off crazies with sandwich boards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God exists and the only way to salvation is through His Son, Jesus Christ. Jesus commands all of us to go into all creation and spread the Gospel. Repent and trust in the Savior today!

    ReplyDelete