Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Brookpark & Great Northern in North Olmsted

Today, I had planned to go get the oil changed in my car and spend three hours on the street with my cross in three different areas. I left early this morning after eating and planned on coming back mid afternoon. Turns out my car needed brakes and my plans changed. I had wanted to be in Fairview Park for an hour, North Olmsted for an hour, and Westlake for an hour.

I changed the orientation of Mark 1:15 on my cross so it is easily read without having to turn your head. I noticed some people were actually turning their heads to read it.




There was light traffic in Fairview Park, so I headed to North Olmsted to the intersection of Great Northern and Brookpark. Both roads are five lanes at this intersection and it seems to be busy no matter what time of day it is- I wasn't going to even try and count the number of cars.

There is also a high rise apartment building at this corner and my cross should have been clearly visible to residents who had balconies facing me. I wish I knew someone in the building to see if the type is visible. "ARE YOU READY" is about 7.25 inches tall and "MARK 1:15" is about 7.5" tall. I know it is clearly visible at intersections, but I am not sure beyond that.

I was able to hand out one gospel tract to someone passing by on the sidewalk, but other than that, foot traffic was pretty non-existent. There was plenty of vehicle traffic and multitudes of people got to see the cross today. I even had a few thumbs up and someone say to me "I'm ready!"

I stood with the cross for about an hour, from around noon to 1 PM. At that point, I was pretty thirsty and getting hungry and headed home. I really like to interact with people- time really flies while you are talking to someone and all the people in the cars still get to see the cross as I am talking. Next time I will take a bottle of water for refreshment.

No comments:

Post a Comment