Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Open Air at Lakewood Park - 8/12/08



Yesterday was another quiet day with the cross- no stories to share. Today, my pastor told me he was going to Lakewood Park at 1:00 to open air, so I showed up at noon to set up my cross tied to a tripod. I didn't get much reading done, but some hopefully some new people got to see the cross. One man drove by and gave me either a thumbs up or a wave. It has been a real blessing to receive those. I haven't had any hecklers yet. A man was looking at my cross and asked me what this was about, and I stumbled a bit as to what to say and asked him if he had a religious background to which he walked away.

Around 1:00 PM, my pastor arrived and shortly thereafter another two people from church came to offer their support. I spoke after my pastor with this, that I wrote this morning:

"We need to place our trust in Jesus, but this is not the kind of trust you have in your local police department. I live in a very safe area. How often do I need to call up the police? Rarely, if ever. In fact, most of us look at the police as the enemy when we are driving. The first thing most of us do when we see a police car is brake because we are breaking the law by speeding. Is this how you treat Jesus? You are constantly in rebellion and hide from Him whenever you see His face? Do you only call upon Him when you need something? We need to have a deeper trust in Jesus. We need to depend on Him for everything, not just when something goes wrong in our lives. This is what it means to surrender your life to Jesus."

After that, Beth from church got on the box and open aired. It has been relatively slow at Lakewood Park, but we know the gospel is still being heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment