Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What a Blessed Day!



Today, I went back to the corner of Dover Center and Center Ridge in Westlake around 11 AM. I ordered an audio recorder but it hasn't arrived yet. Today is a day I wish I had a recording device with me to recap the day!

Traffic was moderate again, and not soon after I arrived, a man saw me with the cross and parked his car in the parking lot of the store on the corner. His name was Timothy. Timothy told me he was a Christian and has been 0ut of work since April. He was in the area dropping off something at his parents' house. We talked for a while and although he said he was born again, I made sure he left with a gospel tract.

Not too longer later, Frank pulled up and parked in the parking lot. He commended me for what I was doing and wanted to give me information about another location I might be interested to display the cross. I gave Frank a gospel tract as he gave me the information. The location is the Planned Parenthood Federation of America where abortions are performed. Frank is a staunch Roman Catholic and told me most of the people who picket outside of PPFA are the same. I told Frank I wasn't Catholic- and he said he guessed as much as Catholic's don't have signs with Bible verses on them. That speaks volumes!

He said they pray the rosary in front of the "abortion mill." I then asked Frank what he would tell me if I had only three minutes to live. He told me to ask for forgiveness of my sins. I told him there were two words I was looking for that he didn't use- "repent" and "trust." He said that's what asking for forgiveness was, and I quickly corrected him and told him that it must include turning away from the sin.

Our conversation started drifting into apologetics, at which point a girl driving by noticed my sign and she was curious to know what it was about. She parked her car and came up and asked what Mark 1:15 meant. I quoted the verse to her and I asked her about heaven, to which she replied she was baptized. I started to go through the WOTM presentation, but realized she was going to get two different messages if I continued- one from me and one from Frank. At this point, I gave her a gospel tract and encouraged her to read it.

After this, she and Frank both left and I stood on the corner a little while longer. A few younger boys riding by on bikes asked me what Mark 1:15 meant and I was able to quote the verse to them and give them all gospel tracts. I told them if they had any questions, to visit the website listed on the tract and to either get a hold of me or my pastor. I was also able to hand at least three more tracts to people passing by in addition to the three I gave to the young boys and the three I gave to Timothy, Frank, and the younger woman who approached me.

I noticed someone in a car turning their head to read "Mark 1:15" on my cross and I turned my cross so they could read it- but I think I turned it so "Mark 1:15" was upside down! I quickly tried turning it the other way, but I'm not sure if they were able to see it. I am going to change the positioning of "Mark 1:15" on my cross so people don't have to turn their heads to see it.

I feel so blessed to have had these three conversations today. There was a moment or two when it sounded like there were a few jeers from cars passing by, but I couldn't tell if it was in support or against what I was doing because I was engaged in conversation. I hope to have more detailed accounts of my conversations once I get my audio recording device.

1 comment:

  1. Very Encouraging!!! Thanks Mark...Dont Quit!

    ReplyDelete