Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Center Ridge and Columbia in Westlake - 10/28/09



Today, I went to the intersection of Center Ridge and Columbia in Westlake. I was there from a little after 3:00 to 5:00. I have never been at this intersection during this time so I am hoping a lot of new eyes got to see the cross today.

Today was a pretty quiet day. When I set up my tripod to take this picture, someone in one of the north bound lanes of Columbia asked me what I was taking a picture of. I told them I was an evangelist and take the picture for this blog. I handed her a gospel tract and told her to read the back side when she got a chance.

I gave a tract to someone walking by and she wanted to make sure I was advocating the exclusivity of Jesus Christ. Also, a security guard came out from the Cuyahoga Community College Corporate Campus (to the right of where I am standing in the picture) and politely asked me if I would considered moving.

Tri-C has an issue on the local ballot to fund education and he mentioned they didn't want my sign to be confused with all their campaign signs. He acknowledged that I wasn't doing anything wrong, and I told him that he was correct- that I was on a public sidewalk. I asked him if it would help if I crossed the street to an opposite corner, and he said it would, which is what I did for about the remaining half an hour.

I know I didn't have to move, but I completely understand their position and after this coming Tuesday, the signs will be gone and it will no longer be an issue. I gave the security guard a tract after I told him I would move and he gladly accepted it, saying he likes to have things to read. I handed out a total of 3 tracts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment