Monday, October 12, 2009

Interview by WeST LIFE Newspaper - 10/12/09



Today I went to the intersection of Dover Center and Center Ridge in Westlake after the light rain stopped around 2:10. I added an arm to the bottom of the cross that says "GOOGLE: CLEVELAND CROSS GUY." My hope is that people will go home and look it up on Google, find my blog, and be curious enough to click on the banner that says "I have seen the cross. What does it mean?" which links to a law and gospel presentation.

Around 3:45, Kevin from the WeST LIFE news walked up and asked if he could talk to me about the cross. He said they had received a few calls about me standing with my sign and was wondering if I would talk to him. I told him, "Sure."

Kevin had some general questions, like what had inspired me to take the cross to the street. I told him about Tony Miano's (not by name) cross out in California and gave him a tract and told him about Living Waters. I quoted Hebrews 9:27 and told Kevin I just wanted to get people thinking about their eternity.

He asked me if this had anything to do with a doom's day scenario, and I told him it wasn't- just to get people to think about their eternity. I told Kevin I didn't want this to be about me, but about the gospel message. I made clear the necessity of repentance and also shared a few Scripture verses with him about repentance and the Great Commission. If it is posted online, I will link to it once it is published. I hope the article will at least plant some more seeds.

On a side note, I was talking to my father yesterday about religion (which I wrote about previously in my "Holiness" post). I was trying to explain infused righteousness versus imputed righteousness to him, among a few other things, and the conversation got a little heated. My father got dizzy and temporarily blacked out on the freeway. His doctor told him to minimize the stress in his life and my discussions are one of those things.

My mother has ordered me not to talk about religion to him ever again, which I don't think I will. My mother says he is happy and content in his faith, but I know that doesn't mean his salvation is secured. Please pray for my father that someone else will reap what I have hopefully sown.

No comments:

Post a Comment