Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Center Ridge and Wagar/West 210th in Rocky River/Fairview Park - 10/21/09



Day two of our Indian Summer here in Northeast Ohio and I have to admit- I love the warm weather! If you look at my post from this location on Sunday, you will see I was bundled up in a winter coat. Tomorrow has 65 to 70 in the forecast and after that, I fear it will be cold until next Spring!

After awaiting for and receiving the shipment of Origin of Species - Origin Into Schools with my pastor and a few others at church, I headed out to Center Ridge and Wagar/West 210th in Rocky River/Fairview Park. I was officially in Fairview Park, but the cross was visible to traffic coming from and entering into Rocky River as well. I arrived at 2:50 and stayed until 5:00. This is the first time I have been at this location at this time.

Around 3:15 a man came up to me on the sidewalk and asked what Mark 1:15 is. I told him, "The time is fulfilled, the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the Gospel."

He replied, "That's the law of God." He mentioned that it applies to us today.

I responded, "I know. That's what I'm trying to get everybody to think about. Scripture says, 'It is appointed for a man once to die and then comes judgment.' That's what I'm trying to get people to think about- are you ready for judgment? It's not an 'end time' message'-it's like you mentioned- it's for everyone."

I gave him an Obama Trillions and he told me the message is lost when I hand out a tract with him on the front. I gave him a Celebrities Million instead, which he said was better. He said, "God Bless" and departed.

A man stopped at the light gave me a thumbs up and said, "Praise the Lord! It's great to be reborn!"

There was also a man who was heckling me from his car, asking me, "Why don't you go help somebody?" I think it is the same guy who has heckled me twice in Lakewood.

I have noticed a few more people have found this blog by searching Google for "Cleveland Cross Guy." My prayer is that they read The Message of the Cross post and be brought to salvation, if they aren't already saved. Knowing what Jesus said in Matthew 7:14, though, I know most of the world isn't saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment