Monday, October 19, 2009

Dover Center and Detroit in Westlake - 10/19/09



After leaving North Olmsted and stopping at home for a minute, I went to the intersection of Dover Center and Detroit in Westlake at around 3:10. Not very long after I arrived, a Westlake police officers pulled up in the parking lot behind me.

Knowing that they were there to talk to me, I walked over to him and he asked, "Just standing out here with your sign? That kind of stuff?" I said, "Yea."

"We got some calls, some people who are concerned for some reason. Is there something going on with you? What have you got with the tripod?"

I told him I just like to document where I go and I mentioned that I was taking pictures of myself and that I was on a public sidewalk. I started talking about the cross and quoted Mark 1:15. It was clear I wasn't doing anything wrong and they received a call and just had to respond to it. Apparently people were concerned I was taking pictures- the officer said people are watching too much TV.

Another officer pulled up and I gave the officer who I was talking to a tract, telling him they are what I hand out. I also gave one to the other officer. They said "Hey! It's a trillion dollars!" with a laugh. I thanked the officers for their service in the community and told them to read the back of the tracts when they got a chance.

I went back to the sidewalk and then headed back to officer in his patrol car and gave him a Big Money tract also since he liked the trillion dollar tract. I asked him if he happened to know an officer in Fairview Park who I had spoken to at Summer Fest because I was wondering how he was doing. He didn't happen to know him. I left at 5:15 and on the way home, I exchanged waves with someone on Detroit who had stopped to talk to me once before.

No comments:

Post a Comment