Monday, October 19, 2009

God Working in My Life

Usually every Monday I meet my pastor at a coffee shop in Rocky River by the church. I showed up today and after waiting about 15 minutes, I called my wife (who works with his wife) and found out that his son was sick today and he wasn't coming. At this point, I headed out to my wife's employer's parking lot to swap cars to take her car to get an oil change.

As I was getting in her car, I noticed a man walking on the sidewalk with a bag. I started her car and went to leave and saw the man fallen, lying in some brush. I asked him if he was OK and it was clear he needed help. I tried to help him stand up and he said he needed to sit back down, so I helped him back down and parked my wife's car (it was in the middle of the parking lot) and came back to help. He tried to stand up again with my help but wasn't able to gain enough strength to continue to stand.

At this point, someone came out from my wife's employer and someone had called for an ambulance. The fire station was within about 200 feet of where we were, so they arrived very quickly. At this point, the paramedics took over and started treating the man. You may say this is just a coincidence, but I know it isn't. My wife mentioned that I have been having a lot of these situations lately- and I know they aren't just coincidences. If you want to see God working in your life, surrender your life completely to Jesus and just see how God will use you.

When I took my wife's car to get an oil change, it turned out her car need two new tires, brake pads and new spark plugs. There was an issue getting the parts, so I ended up waiting a few hours to get this all done. During this time, I was able to strike up a little rapport with the guy working there by showing him some websites on the 1 Corinthians 15:58 (KJV) written on the back of his jacket. I wanted to show him the gospel tracts I give out so I gave him one, and it turns out he is familiar with Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron.

After he left, I went up to the guy at the counter and showed him the tracts, also. I most likely wouldn't have given him a tract otherwise. This is something I really need to work on- giving tracts out to cashiers. I am so nervous of being rejected, but I need to remember that by not giving people the message of eternal life, it is the opposite of loving others. Even if I am rejected, so what? I can't wait to see what else God has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment