Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Conversation with Kevin

Today, I went to the intersection of Dover Center and Detroit at 2:00. I had an encounter with a Westlake Police officer last Thursday when I was asked not to be out during school hours. He didn't want my sign to distract students that would be crossing in the crosswalk. While that is a valid concern, I can't stop going out with the cross just because somebody might be crossing in the crosswalk. Not only that, I am over half a mile away from the high school.

Around 3:00, Kevin pulled up and motioned for me to come over to talk to him. We talked for quite a while and he asked me what it meant to "put on the Lord Jesus." I really didn't know what to say to that- none of my answers seemed to satisfy him. What would you say it means to "put on the Lord Jesus?"

2 comments:

  1. Mark,

    I admire your boldness of faith! I also tell people to "put on the Lord Jesus" as another way of saying "Believe on Jesus."

    Adamray

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above comment as it is a helpful way of explaining what it means to believe. Not sure what this person was getting at in his question to you. Going back to Romans 13:14, it is in the context of casting off the works of darkness and putting on the armor of light and making no provision for the flesh. So, in the context of Romans 13, it means to live in the holiness and righteousness of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete