Saturday, September 5, 2009

Wagar and Center Ridge in Rocky River Area- 9/5/09

Tonight, after debating where to go with my cross, I ended up in the Rocky River area at the intersection of Wagar and Center Ridge. The intersection is a couple hundred feet away from the building that Planned Parenthood is located in, but the Pro-Life protesters are there are Tuesday nights and Saturday mornings- so I didn't run into any of them.

I started displaying the cross around 7:30 until 8:00. I wasn't sure what to expect traffic wise, being a Saturday night. It was pretty light. There were also occasionally teens walking on the sidewalk or riding their bikes and the occasional pedestrian. I got a couple of people yelling "I'm ready!" at me, but I'm not sure if they were just mocking the cross or really in agreement. Although traffic was light, being out later on a Saturday night brings a new audience- teenagers and teenage drivers with their friends.

I added "I ASK" above "ARE YOU READY" on my cross, so now the message is "I ASK, ARE YOU READY" followed by "MARK 1:15." Yesterday, two separate people recognized me from another time, one who stopped to give encouragement and support of what I was doing. Not many people tell me if they are ready or ask about the cross, so I am hoping by adding "I ASK" to the top it will encourage people to interact with me.

I can see the multitudes of people that read the question on the cross, and I'm hoping now that people are used to seeing me (at least in Westlake), they will actually ask me about the cross. I hope to have the same success in Lakewood, also.

No comments:

Post a Comment