Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What Has God Given Me Lately?

What has God given me lately? I think the question to ask is, "What hasn't He given me?!"

First and foremost, God sent His only Son into this world to die for my sins- that if I will repent of my sins and place my trust in Him, I can have eternal life. What greater sacrifice could one ask for? As a wretched sinner, God has allowed me to live under grace for another day.

Also, I have God's Word compiled neatly, at my fingertips. This is not something the early church had. I have excellent teachers and commentary to teach me about the Word.

I have loving parents and siblings. I have wonderful friends. I have a beautiful, loving and caring wife.

I have my health. Unlike some less fortunate, I have both of my arms and legs. I have my mind. I have comfortable clothing.

I have tons of freedom in the country I live in. I have the freedom to practice my own religion (or lack there of). I have freedom of speech and press.

God has provided me with a roof over my head. Some may want to squabble because they live in an apartment (as I do) and not a house. My apartment has air conditioning, heat, hot water, electricity, Internet access, and other amenities. If I am too hot, I can turn a dial and get cooled off in a matter of minutes. Likewise, if I am too cold, I can turn the dial the other way and get warm in a matter of minutes. I have clean, hot water to shower with every day. I have soap to keep me clean.

I have electricity which runs everything in my apartment. I have appliances that keep food fresh for weeks, if not months. I have a comfortable, warm bed to sleep in every night. I have a cell phone and computer that enables me to talk to people practically anywhere in the world instantly. I have a car that enables me to travel short and far distances alike in short periods of time.

I have toothpaste to keep my teeth clean and strong, so they don't fall out.

I have abundant food that is very afford-ably priced. I don't even have to make the food myself- I can purchase it pre-made if I so desired.I have an oven that can cook practically any food I want in a matter of minutes or hours, prepared to perfection because of temperature controls. I have access to food grown and made all around the world right at my fingertips. I am so spoiled, I even have candy and sweets.

I can purchase things from hundreds or thousands of miles away and get them overnight or in a few days. I have instant access to news happening all around the world, with pictures and video.

These are just a few of the things God has given me. The list goes on and on. I don't know how anyone could not be thankful for what God has given them- and most of the world isn't even saved, yet He continues to bless them. Wake up, repent and surrender you life to Jesus if you haven't already done so!

No comments:

Post a Comment