Monday, September 21, 2009

Dover Center and Center Ridge in Westlake - 9/21/09



After earlier going to Wagar and Center Ridge in Rocky River, I also went to Dover Center and Center Ridge in Westlake. I arrived around 1:15 and stayed until 2:45. I got quite a few waves today and even a thumbs up! I tried to pass out a tract to 2 people passing by, but they did not take it.

On my way home, I saw all the students walking home from school. There is a park right near the high school that I'd like to go to so a lot of the high school students could see the cross. The park is also directly across the street from the Westlake Police Department.

I was asked by a police officer on Thursday not to be at an intersection (Dover Center and Detroit) from 2:30 to 3:30. He didn't want my sign to provide a distraction to students crossing in the crosswalk. I told him I would consider it, but then someone asked me how far the high school is from this intersection- over 3/4 of a mile. This same intersection is also over 3/4 of a mile away from the elementary school.

The officer asked me to point my sign in one direction instead of the entire intersection, but then only one direction of traffic on one road would see my cross. When I am out with the cross, I want as many people to see it as possibly. I am concerned about the safety of students, but I also want to target the high school students. They need saving just like everyone else.

2 comments:

  1. I watched a video of Tony today and he was at an intersection. He seemed to point the sign towards the cars that had an advance light.

    As for the high school students, is there a place where they gather in a crowd, near the school to talk and smoke? I see that across the street from our high school and have been thinking it would be a good place to go and hand out tracts.
    God bless you brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I do- point it at the ones who have the green light. Since I am at the corner, I can just point it in a different direction when the light changes. I'm not sure if they congregate after school.. the school is in a residential area and the only other things nearby are city hall next to it and then the police station next to that.

    ReplyDelete