Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dover Center and Center Ridge in Westlake - 9/1/09



Today, I went back to Dover Center and Center Ridge in Westlake, but I went at 3:00 instead of noon. As you can see in the above picture, traffic was light to moderate. I stood on the northwest corner of the intersection until around 4:45 at which point I crossed to the southwest corner and stayed until 5:00. As the late afternoon progressed, traffic was being moderate to heavy. Here is a shot of traffic at around 4:30 (great visibility for the cross!):



A teenage girl who came by on the sidewalk asked me what I was promoting, and I gave her a gospel tract. I also appeared to have my picture taken today. I should have posed and pointed to "Mark 1:15" on my cross and told them to look it up along with a gospel tract. I handed out either 7 or 8 tracts today, 3 or 4 to some young teens who seemed to be excited to get them. This is a good time block at the proper intersections as pupils from the local schools are walking home.

4 comments:

  1. Do you really think distracting drivers is the safest way to get the word out? I'm just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on this logic, there should be no billboards, no advertisements anywhere, no bumper stickers, etc. I don't know if you're from this area, but there are people holding signs all over the place. It seems like there is always a furniture store going out of business or a fast food chain restaurant has someone standing out with a sign that has an advertisement on it. Just not too long ago, there were cheerleaders standing out there promoting a car wash. That's distracting - is that OK?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, those things are not okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how much longer I will have free speech that could be viewed as offensive in this country, so I am going to continue to exercise it while I have time.

    ReplyDelete