Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dover Center and Center Ridge in Westlake - 9/24/09



Today I went back to the intersection of Dover Center and Center Ridge, but this time from about 2:40 to 5:00. As you can see in the picture, traffic behind me (on Center Ridge) is really starting to pick up. I snapped this photo around 4:00.

I handed out about 8 tracts today, mostly to students from the local schools. I had someone ask from a car, "Ready for what?" The car was in the turning lane and was about to make the turn, so I told the passenger to go home and look up Mark 1:15.

I have been getting more and more honks, waves, and thumbs up lately. I expect that will not be the case as my pastor and I head over to Lakewood tomorrow and he does open air in the center of town and I stand with my cross. I have been met with some hostility in Lakewood, more so than other areas. Lakewood, Ohio, has a very large gay population.

Yesterday, I was at Dover Center and Detroit and a local restaurant had a guy dressed up as a chicken to promote their wings. I the same chicken costume today as I was making my way to Dover Center and Center Ridge, but I'm not sure if it was the same person. The guy came over and asked me yesterday, "Ready for what?" and I quoted Hebrews 9:27 to him. I was already involved in a conversation with someone else, so I did not get to witness to the guy.

As I was making my way back to my car, I heard someone yell in the distance, "I'm ready!" I do have a distinct look- I'm always carrying a 4 foot cross, have a water bottle by my waist, an audio recorder hanging from my neck, and usually a backpack and a tripod. I think people are starting to remember me or are getting used to me being around. I am hoping that people may start to recognize me and ask me, "Hey, aren't you that guy with the cross?" and I can use it as an ice breaker to witness to them. Also, if someone sees the cross enough, hopefully it will encourage them to look up Mark 1:15.

I also have a sign that has "NEEDGOD.COM" printed on it. I plan on taking that with me tomorrow tied to a tripod while my pastor and I are at Sinagra Park in Lakewood. I would be too much of an obstruction on the sidewalk if I had that at the intersections, but there is more room at Sinagra Park. Below is John, an elder from church, with my NEEDGOD.COM sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment